November 9, 2009

Not everything is black or white

Artwork "Not everything is black or white" by Gina Parr



By watching this artwork I try to count the amount of greyshades and I know there are a lot more than I think. I often catch myself thinking "Its either like this OR like that". It is not most of the time. Life has so many surprises we can not imagine, and once you turn left instead of right you get offered a new perspective.

Sometimes you have to walk through black to see white again, and sometimes it is all grey for a vast amount of time. Sometimes it is hard to devide grey from either white or black and you feel lost, struggling in a sea of emotions.

There are many ways to go, I try to get the right turnoff, I get lost at a junction without any signs. My brain is confused and I need a while to sort my thoughts in the right direction. I will never know if I have taken the perfect turnoff, cause I dont know what the other options had been.

Life is a one-way street but sometimes you find a similiar turnoff and then you know what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment