September 26, 2009

Diplomacy

Diplomacy isnt my strong point. I am rather direct and blunt, speak out my mind in a way my partner of conversation knows excactly how the wind blows. Close friends and parts of my family are aware about that but i really have a hard time to get into my diplomacy-mode all of a sudden.

But when i am at work i catch myself switching to "diplomacy" as soon as i open my office and breath the mouldy scent of aged documents. It is like the fragance turns off my "oh-i-need-to-tell-you-what-an-asshole-you-are"-mood and turns me into a tamed little kitten. Now dont think being non-diplomatic means to be unfriendly but hey, there are people out there i dont like. Arent they supposed to know about that? No, you say. Yes i know.

So, whenever the very undiplomatic feeling ovverrules my body I start to inhale very deeply and think of mustry papers and documents and put a smile on my face.

I think i can be diplomatic and also speak out my mind. Its very important for me to let my counterpart know, at least i am authentic and just me. Superficial relationships are not for me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment