September 27, 2009

About bonds, winners, losers and such

I can say from myself that i am a bondmaid. I was no bond when i started SL, nooo nooo. And now I will spare you the whole story of how i came to Torvaldsland and how princessy and awful my way in SL Gor started (believe me, you dont wanna know!) and what kind of newbie mistakes i did, yadayadayada. You probably know from your own experience.

Until i met my latest Jarl in SL i tried always to serve perfect and i had that imagination that the Free would read my serves WORD-BY-WORD. Dam how naive i have been! But i had fun teaching -or better mentoring- other girls who have been new to Torvaldsland and its different ways of be there. I reached a status of a First Girl of a Torvie village and at that period i was proud of it. So i had all kinds of duties but one thing i had not: friends. Some very few from my time before, but as a FG you simply have no friends. Girls are oh-sooo-nice to you but once you turn your back to them they start this.. "oh look, her serves arent that good..yadayada...no idea why she is first girl...whisper...bitch..whisper".

In my further being as a bond we stayed in a village without any ranking girls and ohhh, what a relief! I `ve never had so much fun then there. There was no jealousy about a rank or title, rather about who had the most Jarls in the furs *coughs* and i saw myself slowly relaxing from being perfect all the time.

I started to give my character flaws and little tics. I had so much fun roleplaying the greedy pig who lurks for food everywhere, who farted after she ate something rotten and who was depressed cause no Jarl would touch her cause of her bad mouth smell. Of course she was in a bad position compared to other bonds who roleplayed being nice, well smelling and always in a good condition concerning their gastrointestinal system.

And the more i roleplayed having flaws the more i watched others roleplaying being perfect. When i happily lost in a banter at a Jarl or whatver, other girls were roleplaying as if they lifes depended on winning that quarrel.

Not all girls of course, i just think the more experiences you have the more you dare to risk for your character, the more you can see your character losing or suffering (i dont mean the suffer from a whip). And: the more you enjoy not being perfect all the time!

I mean hey, every avatar in SL is just perfect! No pimples, no dry skin, no fat tummy spicked with dark hairs, full hair, of course no bald head...yeah we dont want all in SL, its enough to fight those things in RL, you say. But being able to let your character lose or being topped by someone isnt usually something you`d like to do every day.

So if you wanna say so, yes my character is a loser. Through and through.

To write about dudes who arent able to lose in battles is another topic and i dont wanna write about that now. I`d like to have a low blood pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment