September 26, 2009

Culture Shock

When you live in your own little world, your country, you take things for granted. Your envirnoment is well aquainted and people around you speak the same language and regard the same social norms.

Its not that i havent been in another country, no i traveled a lot in my life. Asia, Afrika, USA and parts of southern Europe have been blessed with my presence. When you are in holiday you kinda expect things are different, yes you hope it though as you want to escape your little world for a limited time. So, nothing to be scared about.

Usually nothing can shock me, or almost nothing. But hey, yes i am shocked. I start to doubt about the trueness of the society i am living in. I was so convinced that this is the way we should live here (in my country) but everything changed since i had an insight into my neighbourcountry.

I expected almost everything like i was used to it, after all these two countries have a common history and such. But what do i know? Now that i have been visited my boyfriend a few times and after some morehundred hours of talks, i am having a culture shock. I would have never believed things can be so different and so much easier in some ways than i was used to be.

The stiff and rigid way things have become here are something our neighbours laugh about. Havent we developed so quick as they have or are we just a generation of nitpickers?

I am thankful to be able to make these experiences, but also cause i found out that many things here are just more awesome! Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment